Early childhood playgrounds are based around the principle that play=learning. Play is a priceless commodity for children and parents/caregivers, that is why it is so important to design a playground that helps them develop the skills they need while having a great time.
- Kids learn to share, cooperate and to problem solve with each other
- Play builds self-esteem and encourages friendships
- It serves as a way to relieve stress and develop self-regulation
- Daily play builds strength and fitness while moderating childhood obesity
- Gross and fine motor skills are utilized and practiced
- Child-initiated play expands ideas and emotions
- Children learn to think from new perspectives and learn cognitive flexibility
Unstructured outdoor play is a vital part of childhood!